Facebook

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Grandchild ...

My grandchild is, of course, the cutest baby in the universe.  She's just shy of 4 months old, and already knows all about performing, and holding the attention of the crowd. She's a happy baby, only cranky when she gets overtired or hungry.  She's good with strangers, and strangers (or at least the grandparents she's never seen before) graduate to friends and family very quickly.  Here's one picture, to give you a sense of why she's the best baby there is :-)

That's Eva (Grandma) holding Ellie. As you might expect, I've got about 60 or 70  more pictures of her, and I'll probably take a bunch more before we go back home on Monday.  I'll start putting them up on the net, on either Flickr or Picassa most likely, in the next day or two.

Her name is Ellie, short for Ellanor (combining Ella Fitzgerald and Nora Jones, two of her parents' favorite singers.  She seems to be quite at home in the heat and humidity of the Louisiana summer (which is more than I can say for myself).  She really wants to get up and boogie, or at least crawl, and not being able to frustrates her sometimes. I think she's going to be a great kid, even discounting my prejudices.

UPDATE: There are more photos on my Flickr photo stream: Ellie at 3 1/2.

No comments: