Facebook

Sunday, June 26, 2011

... and One More Thing ...

Eek, yet another thing to take away time and energy.  A couple of weeks ago I noticed a bump on my back that was rather tender.  Went to the doctor and she diagnosed an infected cyst, so I went to a surgeon (who just happened to be the surgeon who performed Eva's lumpectomy last year, someone we both really liked and respected after that) who set up an outpatient procedure a week later, and pumped me full of antibiotics.

The procedure went very well, and the incision is completely uninfected, and healing rapidly; there was no pain at all in the operation site after a couple of days.  However, whether it's a result of the anesthetic or just the requirements for healing, my body has decided it doesn't have the energy to do anything other than lie around and heal.  After walking the dogs in the park, which involves about a quarter of a mile walk up and down a hill, I usually have to take a nap for an hour or two in the afternoon.  And I haven't even had the concentration to read technical books, so my project is stalled at the moment.

It feels like my energy is slowly increasing, and I'm hoping that it will come back once my back is healed and I don't need to put all that energy into growing new flesh and killing off bacteria.  I'm going to try to write a couple of blog entries in the next day or two, and we'll see how that goes.

No comments: