Facebook

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Almost the End of Surgery Season

After two highly successful surgeries, one a gum transplant and the other bilateral carpal tunnel release, I've got one more to go. On Monday I go in for a lumbar decompression and fusion. This is the big one, because it's not day surgery; I'll be in the hospital for 3 to 4 days, and the recovery time is weeks. In the past, I've usually posted to the web communities I'm active in before the surgery to let them know I'll be offline for awhile. This time I'm simply going to go in, and then start posting again when I can, probably after a week or so. I'm posting to this blog so someone who's really wondering where I've gotten to can find out.

In case anyone does come by to find out where I am, I want you to know that this is not risky or exotic surgery, and the actual techniques are a lot better (read: less invasive) than they used to be. And unlike the last time I had back surgery, in 2001, I've been really pleased with the pre-op support of the doctor and the hospital, and the really good planning for the hospital stay and subsequent therapy. So I have a lot of reason to expect a good outcome.

Se you in a week or so.

No comments: