Facebook

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Stairs Like Dust

The remodeling job continues, slower than hoped for, of course. We have mold problems, but since we already knew we had asbestos that needed removal, I made a deal with the remediators to do both at once. And then we found still more mold. So when I get home today, I hope that I will find that they've gotten it all and it won't cost any more than I already expect it to.

So far, though, I'm very happy with the people doing the work. They've put up plastic dust barriers to keep the debris from floating all over the house; thats sort of a necessity for Eva, with her asthma and allergies, and something I appreciate too, though I could probably survive without it. So there really isn't a lot of dust on the stairs, but I just couldn't resist the title pun.

The only real problem we've had is that the Porta-Potty deliverer left it in the wrong place, and so far hasn't come back to move it though the company has been asked twice now. We don't know how long we'll need it, but it's looking like at least another week, so convenience is an issue. They left it at the top of the drive, right by the bike path on the road. This is a busy street; it's also a major bike and pedestrian route from this whole part of town to Wilson High School, about 1/3 of a mile from us. So I would really like to have the Porta-Potty be down the driveway, under the carport and right by our side door. That way I can go out in the morning in my bathrobe, before getting dressed. It would also mean I wouldn't have to have the sneaking feeling that one of these days I'm going to be sitting in there in the morning when a gaggle of passing male teens decides to celebrate tradition by tipping over the outhouse.

No comments: